Spring training is in session starting March 23rd!!
The Trip! Project volunteer training involves a weekly training course every spring & fall which features workshops on various topics related to harm reduction, HIV & Hep C prevention, sexual health and safer partying. You do not need to be knowledgeable about all of these topics already – this is a learning opportunity as well as a knowledge sharing one!
Currently all trainings are online due to covid-19, though there are in-person meetings, community workshops and of course event outreach, which require volunteers to be fully vaccinated or have an exemption notice <3
In highschool? Get your volunteer hours with us!
Get up to 20 hours from the trainings alone, and get more hours for participating in other project activities like social media content creation (Instagram, Reels, TikTok, etc.), writing & taking photos for our blog, doing outreach at nightlife and community events, making kits for youth (safer party kits, self care kits, art kits, kandi jam kits), attending harm reduction art or mental health drop-ins or zoom-ins with other like-minded youth and attending planning meetings, community workshops or hosting your own! As mentioned above, you don’t have to know about harm reduction or safer partying already – this is a great place to learn about it and bring info back to your friends and community – Just say KNOW! <3
To be eligible for our volunteer program you must:
- be between the ages of 16-29 (If you are older than 30 please email or apply anyway, priorities are given to youth due to our youth-specific funding, but we do have some incredible 30+ team members)
- currently connected to at least one community of young people who might use substances in Toronto, from underground nightlife to house parties to queer events to dances to sex workers to homeless & underhoused youth to Indigenous, Black and youth of colour or other communities of youth who party!
- be able to attend trainings & team meetings Wednesday evenings, 6-8pm (currenty online, but will be in-person in Toronto again)
- jive with our harm reduction philosophy
- have a fun and open attitude, a willingness to learn, and be able to contribute time and energy to the project on a regular basis
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info 🙂
Feel free to download and share this image with friends and networks: