Spring training is in session starting April 28th!!
The Trip! Project volunteer training involves a weekly training course every spring & fall which features workshops on various topics related to harm reduction, HIV & Hep C prevention, sexual health and safer partying. You do not need to be knowledgeable about all of these topics already – this is a learning opportunity as well as a knowledge sharing one!
Currently all trainings and meetings are online due to covid-19 protocols, though there will be some in-person outreach as the weather warms up and we will be doing some in-person gatherings again as soon as we’re allowed to! <3
In highschool? Get your volunteer hours with us!
To be eligible for our volunteer program you must:
- be between the ages of 16-29 (If you are older than 30 please email or apply anyway, priorities are given to youth due to our funding though)
- currently connected to at least one community of young people who might use substances in Toronto, from underground nightlife to house parties to queer events to sex workers to homeless & underhoused youth to Indigenous, Black and youth of colour or other communities!
- be able to attend trainings & team meetings Wednesday evenings, 6-8pm
- jive with our harm reduction philosophy
- have a fun and open attitude, a willingness to learn, and be able to contribute time and energy to the project on a regular basis
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info 🙂
Current flyer, feel free to share around: