The Trip! Project volunteer training involves a 10-week training course every spring & fall which features workshops on various topics related to harm reduction, HIV & Hep C prevention, sexual health and safer partying. You do not need to be knowledgeable about all of these topics already – this is a learning opportunity as well as a knowledge sharing one!
To be eligible for our volunteer program you must:
- be between the ages of 14-29 (sorry to those older than 30 who want to participate, this is a city-funded project with priorities given to youth; if you are under 16 you must have guardian permission)
- currently connected to at least one community of young peope who might use substances in Toronto, from underground nightlife to house parties to queer events to sex workers to homeless & underhoused youth to Indigenous, Black and youth of colour and more!
- be able to attend all trainings Wednesday evenings, 5-8pm
- jive with our harm reduction philosophy
- have a fun and open attitude, a willingness to learn, and be able to contribute time and energy to the project on a regular basis
Applications are currently closed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info about future opportunities!